Domain names can only be sold by a registrar approved by DK Hostmaster.
To apply for approval as a registrar, complete and submit an application form to DK Hostmaster. Anyone can apply for approval as a registrar.
Write en email to Customer service at email@example.com if you wish to apply for approval as registrar.
The registrar’s role
The registrar’s responsibilities to DK Hostmaster include:
- Forwarding notification of the domain name to DK Hostmaster
- Ensuring that, at the time of notification, there is active name service for the domain name on at least two name servers approved by DK Hostmaster
To apply to become a registrar, complete a registrar application and send two copies of the application by post to:
DK Hostmaster A/S
Kalvebod Brygge 45, 3rd floor
1560 Copenhagen V
The processing time is a minimum of 5 days.
Your application must include the following information:
- Applicant’s name, company form (if applicable), address and telephone number
- Names and IP numbers of the name servers to be used by the registrar
- Name of the person or clearly identifiable function in the applicant’s company to whom we can direct enquiries
- E-mail address of the above-mentioned person or function
When DK Hostmaster has processed and approved your application, we will return a signed copy of the Registrar Agreement with an invoice for the deposit and the first year’s registration fee. You will become a registrar and can register domain names once you have:
- Paid a deposit of DKK 25,000 exclusive of VAT
- Paid the first year’s registration fee of DKK 2,400 exclusive of VAT
- Submitted a declaration indicating that you are, or you have a collaboration with, the person(s) responsible for the name servers that will serve the registered domain names
- Committed to follow the terms and conditions of DK Hostmaster in force at any time (signed Registrar Agreement)