When you register a domain name, you can use the following characters:
- All Danish letters. This means that you can use æ, ø and å in your domain name.
- The letters ö, ä, ü, é and ẞ.
- Numbers from 0 to 9.
- Hyphen (-). However, a hyphen may not be the first or last character in the domain name.
- Not all internet browsers and e-mail programs can handle domain names with the characters æ, ø, å, ö, ä, ü, é and ẞ. If you wish to use the domain name for an e-mail address you should therefor avoid these characters. However, numbers and hyphens do not cause any problems.
- A domain name cannot have two leading alphanumeric characters followed by two hyphens, e.g. a2--x6z.dk.