Domain names can be redelegated internally in an organization, if old and new name servers belong to the same organization. Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- The name of the old primary name server
- IP address of the new primary name server
- User ID and password for all name servers, both in the old and the new setup.
The e-mail must be sent as text/plain in one of the following formats:
E-mails requesting internal redelegations, will not be processed, unless they meet all conditions. In case of errors, the redelegation programme will not return an answer.
Requirements for the e-mail requesting internal redelegation
- The e-mail must contain a list of domain names, with one domain name per line
- Empty lines will be ignored
- User IDs must be written in capital letters
- A domain name can not be coded (e.g. xn--testdomainename-9fb.dk)
- The e-mail may not contain any other text
- There is a maximum of 999 domain names pr. e-mail
- The list of domain names can not be attached to the e-mail
The domain names must be set up on the new name servers, before the programme can redelegate the domain name from the list of domain names.
Example of an e-mail requesting an internal redelegation
old.nameservername.net 184.108.40.206 HDL1-DK 1234 JRYV932-DK 2345 GNAF34-DK 3456 1exampledomainname.dk 2exampledomainname.dk 3exampledomainname.dk . . . 10exampledomainname.dk
Requests free from errors, will be executed, when we restart the .dk-zone. The e-mail, confirming the redelegation, will be sent shortly after.