Today we at DK Hostmaster have completed a major system update.
This means new opportunities for everyone who has a .dk domain name. In the future, DK Hostmaster will offer four new initiatives:
- Registrar management. In future, you can choose to let a registrar handle the administration of your domain name, while maintaining the same consumer protection. Registrar management means that it is no longer necessary to use DK Hostmaster to perform administrative tasks related to .dk domain names. This also implies, that you only need to contact one place for support regarding your .dk domain. Registrar management also means that you can let a registrar that supports the new option, pay a period fee, change name servers, edit contact information, and terminate domain names on your behalf at DK Hostmaster. Read more.
- Registration period for up to 10 years. The advantages of a 10-year period are that you do not have to deal with the annual invoice from us, that you are guaranteed against price increases during that period - and remember that after a five-month minimum contractual period you will always be refunded the remainder of the period fee in case you should cancel your domain name again. See prices for registration of .dk domain names here.
- New way to contact DK Hostmaster. We are also introducing a new, faster, and more modern way of contacting DK Hostmaster's customer service. In future, you must use a web-based form. This ensures faster and more streamlined service, and solution to your challenges. The contact form is embedded in DK Hostmaster's updated FAQ section, where you also have access to self-help.
- New name server change process. Previously, the name servers had to be changed manually via our self-service, or via a request to change name servers from a registrar. We have changed it so that in future it is the registrant or proxy of the .dk domain name who must download a unique code, authorization code, via our self-service. The code must be passed on to the new registrar, which starts the change of name servers.
If you are already the name server manager for the domain name and want to make a change to other name servers that are managed by you, and these are registered on the same user ID with DK Hostmaster, you can log in with your name server user ID in our self-service and make the change there.
If you are not the name server manager for the domain name, the registrant for the domain name must log in to our self-service and issue an authorization by requesting an authorization code, which the registrant passes on to the name server manager who will handle the name server in the future.
- Subsequently, the name server manager can log in to the self-service with his name server user ID, enter the domain name and the authorization code and make the change. Read more here.
At the same time, we remind you that our new terms have entered into force on 6 September 2021, and that our previously announced new prices will also enter into force on 20 September 2021.