With a stable infrastructure and 100% uptime in the DK-zone, we are the hub for you and thousands of other internet users every day.
DK Hostmaster administers a database of all .dk domain names. It is kind of like a telephone book containing domain names instead of telephone numbers.
You can always use our whois database to look up whether a given domain name is registered and to whom.
There are 1.3 million registered .dk domain names and we have direct contact with our 700,000 customers. Our customer service helps up to 1,000 customers every day with the administration of their domain names.
One of DK Hostmaster’s primary tasks is to maintain DNS on the Danish part of the internet.
DNS translates domain names into the IP adresses on the internet via the so called name servers.
You might have heard about DNS og whois? They are two of the technical systems which DK Hostmaster offers and is a part of the basis for the Danish name service on the internet.
Learn more about e.g. DAS, DSU and EPP, and see links to their technical specifications.
Oprettelse af et domænenavn
1) A customer registers a domain name through a registrar.
2) The registrar submits a request to DK Hostmaster.
3) DK Hostmaster validates the customer’s name and address
4) DK Hostmaster asks the customer to confirm the registration agreement.
5) Once the customer has approved the agreement, the domain name is registered and activated.
6) The domain name is activated in the DK-zone in DNS